It doesn’t matter that you have a great service or product. It doesn’t even matter that your potential customer needs it. When it comes to your marketing campaign, your message must engage the customer so that they understand, in their way, why they need your product/service.
Here are some ways to get your message heard and spark the “need” factor:
- Tell your story in an engaging way. Make it colorful, different and memorable.
- Highlight the benefits that are important to your potential customer, not necessarily the things that are important to you. For instance, it’s great that your shoes are scuff-proof, but if I only care that they are comfortable tell me more about comfort. Stop trying to make me care about scuffs.
- Show the specific need you answer as well as the impact on their general wellness.
- Acknowledge your competition and highlight the differences. This one is tricky because you don’t want to speak negatively about your competitors, you only want to point out your uniqueness.
- Use a customer-friendly tone. Avoid big words, jargon and by all means, condescending stereotypical language.
- Use testimonials of current customers that are similar to your target audience.